Thursday 14 February 2013

hey princess

Allo folks, happy thursday. oh, and happy valentines day also, for those of you not in a romantic pairing, the couples don't need a special day anyway...

here's a page, drawn last night, coloured just now...kinda happy with how it's all looking, but, y'know onwards and upwards and stuffs. I was in the ever lovely Gosh! comics around noon, and bought a book out of sheer imagined awkwardness... as soon as i got inside, I realised that I hadn't bought anything from there since before xmas, but'd been dropping by once a week or so... ha, the neurosis of the insecure geek... anyhow, figured I owed them summut or other for all my days browsing...

And here my troubles began...how to choose, they have so many great books there, but in the end I picked up an old top shelf comic that I'd had my eyes on for a while... they've only had one copy in and I'd never seen it before so why the heck not, eh? Anhow, it's an enjoyable autobiographical coming of age tale... by Swedish cartoonist Mats Jonsson... titled 'Hey Princess'...weighing in at a hefty 479 pages  and comprised of many short(ish) tales, it's a fulfilling and funny read, capturing angst, youth and young angsty romance pretty well! buy in physical or digital form over at top shelf comics HERE

Dig cartoonist Ed Piskor's hip hop history lesson HERE

and for now, heres some Junior Kimbrough for ye- "all night long"... 

(pretty sure the place burnt down after his death) ce la vie.

No comments: